Our Tips for a Better Night’s Sleep
Sealy Posturepedic knows sleep, which is why we’re dedicated to designing mattresses that ensure you get the best out of your nightly eight hours. Sleep deeply, sleep peacefully, and wake up feeling refreshed, with these hand-picked tips for a better night’s sleep.
Take Time to Unwind
Try unwinding and eliminating stress before going to bed. Turning in tense, leads to tossing and turning. Why not take a warm bath, listen to calming music, or read a good book?
Avoid any activity that is overly engaging, either for your body or mind, at least an hour or so before bed. Try keep your eyes away from your phone, computer, or TV, as the blue-light produced by LED devices can make falling asleep more difficult.
Caffeine stimulates your body and metabolism and is the last thing you want in your system when you’re trying to sleep. If you’re going to have caffeine in the evening, have it early, or try decaf coffee. Even tea contains enough caffeine to keep you up.
If you’re a regular tea or coffee drinker and struggle nodding off, try cutting back in the evenings, it’s one of the best tips for a better night’s sleep you can follow.
Make the most of your mattress
You spend a third of your life in your bed, therefore a quality mattress and sprung foundation is one of the most cost-effective purchases you can make.
Silence the snoring
Snoring keeps the partner awake and interrupts the sleep of the snorer.
Try using additional pillows to raise the head.
Darkness isn’t just for mushrooms
Your body will get more rest if you sleep in the dark. Make sure your curtains block out most of the light.
Basics for backs
We are all susceptible to back pain. Always be aware of your posture during the day. Sit up straight and stand up straight.
A Sealy mattress will go a long way towards improving your sleep.
Falling asleep to the gentle sound of music or the gentle hum of a fan, humidifier or air conditioner, can improve the quality of sleep.
Turn off the TV
Keep technology out of your bedroom. It does less to relax your mind than you think.
Get a Better Night’s Sleep Today: Get a Sealy Mattress
We specialise in perfect sleep. Our mattresses and beds are driven by technology, science and a commitment to better health, who better to trust when getting tips for a better night’s sleep.
If you would like to know more about our ranges of specialised beds and mattresses, browse our website, or get into contact with a Sealy Posturepedic retailer today.
Choosing a mattress size that fits
Most of us dream of spreading out on a nice, big, luxurious bed. Unfortunately, what we dream of and what we need are not always the same. When it comes to choosing a bed, size really does matter, and there are several factors you’ll want to consider before you buy.
- How big is your bedroom? You might want to grab a tape measure to see how much space you actually have for a new bed. Make sure the bed you choose allows sufficient practical space for you to easily move around your bed and clean. You can use the chart below to work out which size bed works best for the room you have.
- Do you sleep alone or with a partner? Remember, most people don’t sleep rigidly straight all night, so allow space for curling up.
- Is your partner a restless sleeper? Are you a restless sleeper? If so, you’ll want to have some extra room to allow you both a good night’s sleep.
- Do your pets or your kids sleep with you? They take up more room than you might think!
- Are you taller than average? An extra few centimeters at the end of your bed can make all the difference.
- Are you a big person? Is your partner? The space you’ll need is the sum of your parts, so take that into consideration too.
As a general guideline:
- Single (915mm) offers a sleep surface area suitable for young ones
- Three Quarter (1070mm) offers a larger sleep surface than single while still conserving space
- Double (1370mm) offers a sleep surface area for 2 people equal to a cot mattress width (66cm) each
- Queen (1520mm) provides a comfortable sleep surface for 2 people and is proving to be the most popular size
- King (1830mm) provides the largest sleep surface area, with generous space for 2 people. The King size foundation comes in 2 separate pieces for easy installation.
Standard length of 1880mm is available in all models Extra length of 2000mm is available on request Cot Mattresses are 130cm x 66cm, while Baby mattresses are 140cm x 70cm